Drinking Water Quality Program (DWQP)
The Drinking Water Quality Program (DWQP) provides funding for community-based research projects on drinking water quality on First Nation communities south of the 60th parallel. Any First Nations community on reserve south of the 60th parallel that is interested in conducting research on drinking water issues is eligible to apply.
How does the application process work?
1. Your project MUST be submitted by November 15th, 2012
2. A Mandatory Criteria Review is done to make sure your proposal falls under one of the research themes
3. You MUST include a Band Council Resolution
4. A Science Peer Review is done to evaluate the scientific merit of your proposal
5. A Selection Committee composed of First Nations representatives from across Canada rate all the projects and make recommendations
6. All applicants are notified by January 2013
DWQP 2013 - 2014 Call for Proposals
We are pleased to announce, along with our partners, Health Canada and the Assembly of First Nations, the launch of the DWQP 2013-2014 Call for Proposals and Funding Application Guides.
The DWQP is requesting proposals for research projects to be conducted by First Nations communities south of the 60th parallel. The DWQP is requesting projects conducting research related to the human health effects of adverse drinking water quality in First Nations communities.
Please note that the DWQP is neither a replacement, nor a substitue for the First Nations Water and Wastewater Action Plan (FNWWAP). DWQP research projects may complement, but not duplicate any work currently undertaken through FNWWAP.
Proposals are to be received no later than NOVEMBER 15, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. PST. Please see the Funding Application Guide for further details.
The NFNECP is funded by Health Canada and jointly administered by the First Nations University of Canada and Health Canada. The Assembly of First Nations provides guiding support to the Program.
CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO VIEW OR PRINT THE CALL FOR PROPOSALS PAMPHLET AND POSTER. FEEL FREE TO POST AND SHARE WITH YOUR CONTACTS.
DWQP 2013 - 2014 Funding Application Guide
The DWQP Funding Application Guide provides extensive information on:
- The process for applying to the Program;
- A Proposal Template to follow while drafting your proposal;
- A detailed outline of the Mandatory Criteria required for the research to receive funding; and
- The Grading Matrix that is used in the Proposal Selection Process.
Click on the links below to download:
DWQP 2013-2014 Funding Application Guide (English)
DWQP 2013-2014 Funding Application Guide (French)
DWQP 2013-2014 Call for Proposals Pamphlet (English)
DWQP 2013-2014 Call for Proposals Pamphlet (French)
DWQP 2013-2014 Call for Proposals Poster
DWQP 2013-2014 Proposal Template
DWQP 2012-2013 Funded Proposal Titles
1. "Tallcree Taking Ownership Drinking Water Project"
2. "Developing a strategy for ensuring confidence in drinking water quality and quantity for the Samson Cree Nation"
3. "Assessing and Mitigating Drinking Water Quality Risks on the Chowade and Upper Halfway"
4. "Sapotaweyak Cree Nation Drinking Water Quality Program"